Tuesday, 25 October 2011
Thank you Annalisa Crawford!
I've been nominated for The Versatile Blogger award (isn't it pretty?) by Annalisa Crawford at Wake up, Eat, Write, Sleep. Annalisa's a versatile and interesting blogger herself, so check out her blog if you haven't already!
Now, apparently, I have to tell you seven things about myself and then nominate fifteen other blogs (do I even know that many bloggers?!). I'll do my best...
Ok, get ready to be fascinated:
1. I colour my roots (let's get that one out of the way)
2. In my teens I wrote a poem about a middle aged man who picks up a young girl on a bus. She turns out to be a serial killer and murders him, post-coital. It all rhymed but unfortunately I can't find it. Or maybe that's a good thing...
3. I love Jilly Cooper books and am also a huge fan of Rose Tremain.
4. The song that makes me go all goose-bumpy is 'Pretty in Pink' by the Psychedelic Furs, especially the intro. Not sure why, but it never fails!
5. I want to learn Greek but am feeling defeated before I've begun. It looks so hard...
6. I'm a bit of a perfectionist apart from when it comes to housework...
7. I got moshed at a gig for the first time aged 42. Yes, it hurt and I didn't like it!
And now for the blogs I'm nominating:
I have to apologise if these blogs have received the award before as I'm a fairly new follower to some of them!
Catherine Breton at http://plumedansante.blogspot.com/. Catherine blogs in French, but I'm all for a bit of variety and her blog is one of my favourites.
Rebecca Bradley at http://lifeinclarity.blogspot.com/. Rebecca's blog is a great mix of writing stuff, book reviews and life.
Jenny at Fulfilling Dreams - an amusing and supportive blogger http://www.fulfilling-dreams.com/
Sarah Pearson at http://emptywhitepages.blogspot.com/. A generously supportive blogger and an entertaining read.
http://kittiehoward.blogspot.com/ - Kittie Howard is new to me but her blog is easy on the eye and lots of fun.
http://nancysthompson.blogspot.com/ - another blog that's new to me but is well-written and Nancy's a very friendly blogger!
HOW AM I DOING? I'VE NEARLY RUN OUT!
http://peggyeddleman.blogspot.com/ Peggy Eddleman is also new to me and I've been thoroughly enjoying her blogs and all the photos of mouthwatering cookies...
http://readywritego.blogspot.com/ Cherie Writes. Another friendly and supportive blogger and her blog is really well put together - I wish I knew how to make mine look like that!
http://ashley-nixon.blogspot.com/ another blog I'm new to - have a look if you're not already a follower!
http://scribblesnjots.blogspot.com/ another supportive fellow-writer, Barbara Kloss
http://caitlin-lane.blogspot.com/ another new blog to me, but well-written and interesting to read!
And now for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...
http://islandofterror.blogspot.com/ I thought I'd go quirky for my last one. Nothing to do with writing, a bit off the wall, but certainly entertaining!
That's all folks! I don't know anyone else!