The lovely Jackie at Agenthood and Submissionville has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award, so a big THANK YOU to Jackie! I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all the friends and family who have supported me, my publishers, my manicurist, my hairdresser, my personal trainer, the man down the road who takes in my mail, my dentist, my make-up artist and my gynaecologist. Oh dear, I think I'm going to cry.
Joking aside (and that was a joke by the way), I was really chuffed to receive this award, having tried to stop using my blog as a platform for whingeing and to post something a bit more interesting!
Anyway, as you may know, the nature of the award is that I now have to share 7 things about me that you didn't already know...
1. I still have a baby tooth! (In my mouth, not just in a box somewhere!)
2. I am easily over-excited and suffer from intense foot-in-mouth syndrome.
3. I have a scar on my collar-bone from treading on the hem of a long skirt and falling up stone steps when I was 9 (yeah, well, it was the 1970s.)
4. I am incredibly clumsy and walk into doorframes, fire extinguishers etc. I always have bruises.
5. I used to do a lot of amateur dramatics and I met my husband at an am-dram group.
6. I used to work in theatre, on the admin side.
7. I once trod on Ruth Madoc's foot. (For those who don't know Ruth Madoc, Google 'Hi de Hi'. It was a popular British TV show) (Proof of number 4 above.)
8. I once spat in a cup of tea I made for a boss. I am not proud of this, but it was only a little spit.
9. I teach French to 5-11 year-olds.
10. I plan to adopt a rescue dog this summer.
Oh, just realised I've done 10 instead of 7.
11. I am very forgetful.
SO! Now I have to pass the award on to fifteen of my lovely bloggy friends! I can say right now that I don't know who has already had the award and I also appreciate that not everyone might want to take part, but anyway ...
Ailsa Abraham and Cameron Lawton at Cameron's Soapbox
Murees Dupree at Daily Dramas of an Aspiring Writer
Dana at The Daily Dose who has probably had this before as she's soooo versatile!
Jane Ayres at The Beautiful Room
Claudia Moser at The Story
Rachel at Writing on the Wall
Kate at The Suddenly Kate Show
Michelle at Buttered Toast Rocks
Rek at A Chronicle of Dreams
Lauren at Eclectic
Aleah Barley at A Cold Cup of Coffee and a Red Hot Novel
Pat Newcombe at Writing Saved my Life
Emily at Emily Unraveled
Elizabeth Seckman at Use Your Words
Jill Haugh at I Had a Little Nut Tree
There! That's 15! These are all blogs I enjoy. I would also like to give a shout out to some great bloggy friends who have almost certainly had this award already, but who truly do give me lots of support and I don't want them to think I've forgotten them! They are:
Annalisa Crawford at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep, Patsy Collins and Vikki Thompson at The View Outside
Goodness, it sounds more like an awards ceremony than ever!