Friday 14 December 2012

Counting Down...

Season's Greetings!


I'm counting down to Christmas - it's that final week at the day job before two glorious weeks off - and looking forward to schmaltzy films on DVD and the scent of Christmas baking every evening next week. Yay!

It's also the count-down to something else - something else I'm really looking forward to - which is the 100k in 100 Days challenge set up by Sally Quilford.  You can read about it here and it's not too late to sign up if you fancy a bit of company while you write and a challenge to boot! I already know I most likely won't do 100k in 100 days, but it will certainly encourage me to write more, which is what it's all about! There's a Facebook page

I finished a story this evening which I've submitted and now I am having a well-earned brain break until the 1st January when the challenge starts.  I may do a little planning by hand between now and then (in fact, I definitely SHOULD!) but the laptop will not be smokin'!

There's a Facebook page here for anyone interested in the 100k in 100 Days. Maybe I'll see you there in the New Year - I hope so! Message me and say 'Hi' if you're taking part!

In light of all the film-watching and baking that's going to be happening in this house from now until December 24th, I think I'll say "Bye for now," and wish you a very...

allthingschristmas.com


 

6 comments:

Patsy said...

I'm not sure about this challenge. Might sign up if I can do short stories.

Linda King said...

Patsy - you can write anything as long as it's creative!

Murees Dupè said...

Have a fantastic festive season and I wish you well with all the baking. Enjoy the two weeks off.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I plan to be editing my NaNo project all winter, so I won't be taking part in the challenge. Enjoy your rest before it begins :-)

Patsy said...

Happy Christmas, Linda.

Unknown said...

Those gorgeous candies and cookies are making me hungry!
♥ Merry Christmas! ♥